[OS X TeX] pdftex/pdflatex

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Mon Sep 19 10:58:36 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused about recent changes: I upgraded my pdftex to the
latest version (1.30.3) and was surprised to discover that pdflatex
would complain about a non-matching pool file. I then saw that
pdflatex had its own binary (in /usr/local/teTeX/powerpc...). For a
while, most of the pdf... binaries had been symlinks to pdfetex. When
I deleted this binary and replaced it with a symlink, everything was
golden again. So I'm just wondering: what is the state of the art,
having these symlinks or having binaries for every flavor? Is there
any negative effect to linking pdflatex pdflatex -> pdfetex?

Thanks

Thomas