[OS X TeX] OS X TeX newbie needs help installing TeX on non-boot volume

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Sep 12 15:56:56 CEST 2005

Am 12.09.2005 um 15:24 schrieb Rowland McDonnell:

> 1) How do I install i-installer stuff somewhere other than standard?
>
> (got some help with this - I'll be `doing things' before I ask more, I
> suspect)

I think this question is answered.

> 2)  (updated query in light of latest info):
>
> Should I leave the `install location' setting in i-installer at
> /usr/local even when I've made that soft link to `my preferred install
> location'?

As far as I know soft links can be found inside the trousers a man is
wearing. Logic tells me that, when I've redirected the installation
location to a different place, I don't need to tell it to my clerk, or
installer, they'll find the right place. So, to give an answer, yes.

> 3)  How do I download i-installer packages without i-installer?
> (got that)

In last millennium I found a set of fat bundles (i-Packages) inside a
large DMG file on a CD inside a (German) Mac magazine. Now I would use
wget and the public source at, for example,
http://www.tug.org/i-packages/. Or
http://ftp.nluug.nl/comp/macosx/i-packages/

--
Greetings

   Pete

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
not
want merely because you think it would be good for him. -- Robert
Heinlein

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>