[OS X TeX] GUI Latin Modern Fonts? (#2)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Sep 1 12:20:26 CEST 2005

Am 01.09.2005 um 10:47 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> Nothing appear asking me if I want the GUI version of the Latin Modern
> fonts.

AFAIR it happens without asking for permission: the OTF files get
generated and are put into /Library/Fonts/Latin Modern. Is i-Installer
still running? In that case you could ask it to create a report. For me
it once, two months ago, reported (on page 473 of 489):

	### tex.configure: This script needs fontforge to be available in
/usr/local/bin. Stopping conversion.

*Next day* (we had then some trouble with differently generated pdftex
binaries so I did a new installation every day) I got (on page 369 of
390):

	### tex.configure: Installing special tex4ht.env.
	### tex.configure: Latin Modern fonts have been installed but not yet
configured.
	### tex.configure: Preparing TeX for Latin Modern configuration...
	### tex.configure: Latin Modern fonts have been installed but not yet
converted for GUI use.
	### tex.configure: Latin Modern fonts found in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/public/lm
	### tex.configure: FontForge found.
	### tex.configure: FontForge has the right version.
	### tex.configure: Converting Latin Modern Type 1 fonts to fonts in
"/Library/Fonts/Latin Modern" for use in GUI apps. Please wait...
	### lmcreatefamilies.pe: Converting LM Roman 05pt Regular
	### lmcreatefamilies.pe: Converting LM Roman 05pt Bold
	### lmcreatefamilies.pe: Converting LM Roman 06pt Regular
	### lmcreatefamilies.pe: Converting LM Roman 06pt Bold
	### lmcreatefamilies.pe: Converting LM Roman 07pt Regular
	### lmcreatefamilies.pe: Converting LM Roman 07pt Italic

The FontForge script lmcreatefamilies.pe is hidden inside the TeX
i-Package ...

Well, since the evening of July 7th I have the fonts. When I did a
month ago a new update, FontForge wasn't invoked again.

Could you check whether you have files like ``lm<like CM family><point
size à la CM>.pfb? I have almost 120 fonts there. Do you have in
/usr/local/bin a file of the name fontforge?

I use the command 'otool -L <path to programme>/fontforge' to determine
which libraries they use. My /usr/local/bin/fontforge does not use a
lot of libraries, particularly it does not use libfreetype2. It's only
Fink's /sw/bin/fontforge that uses it. If you're a Fink user you could
rename /usr/local/bin/fontforge to whatever you like and then, after
having installed Fink's fontforge version, you can:

	sudo ln -s /sw/bin/fontforge /usr/local/bin/fontforge

so  /usr/local/bin/fontforge will be a link pointing to a really
capable programme.

You too could check whether by 'reconfiguring only' your installation
with i-installer you can make them.

Or you wait for a note from Gerben ...

Nevertheless learn how to create a report from i-Installer! It can give
some clues (mostly in the end).

--
Greetings

   Pete

Banken sprengen heißt Sonne rein lassen.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>