[OS X TeX] GUI Latin Modern Fonts? (#2)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Sep 1 12:36:47 CEST 2005

Le 1 sept. 05 à 10:47, André Bellaïche a écrit :

>  Nothing appear asking me if I want the GUI version of the Latin
> Modern fonts.

You won't be asked. When installing the TeX i-Package, i-Installer
checks whether a folder /Library/Fonts/Latin Modern/ exists (not
whether it contains actually any font). If not (and only in this
case), then the conversion of the PostScript fonts to OpenType format
and their installation inside /Library/Fonts/Latin Modern/ are done.

All this should become obsolete soon, when a new version of the OTF
Latin Modern fonts is released, compatible with Mac OS. Then it will
be included in regular gwTeX, with no need for conversion. At
present, the version on CTAN at <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/
fonts/lm/fonts/opentype/public/lm/> doesn't appear to be compatible
with Mac OS.

See a message by Gerben on 25 August:

> De : Gerben Wierda
> Date : 25 août 2005 06:48:30 HAEC
> À : TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List
> Objet : Rép : [OS X TeX] STIX Fonts
> Répondre à : TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List
>
> There will also be an update to Latin Modern pretty soon. And
> hopefully the OTF versions will then work on the Mac. If these are
> released, they will become part of my distribution. If the STIX
> fonts can be freely redistributed, adding them to the distribution
> will also be possible.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>