[OS X TeX] GUI Latin Modern Fonts? (#2)

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Sep 1 10:47:53 CEST 2005

> Subject: GUI Latin Modern Fonts? (#2)
> From: "André Bellaïche" <abellaic at math.jussieu.fr>
> Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:07:27 +0200
>
> Almost the same story as :
>

>> Subject: GUI Latin Modern Fonts?
>> From: "Juan Manuel Palacios" Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:41:40 -0400
>>

>>         Hmmmm, a little bit confused here. I just updated my TeX tree
>> with the
>> latest package (2004/03/26 23:31:01) and aimed at getting the GUI
>> Latin
>> Modern Fonts. After doing the whole configure dance I realized I
>> didn't
>> get any panel asking me if I wanted to install them, so I did a little
>> digging. Upon reading the "i-Package README File" I realized I needed
>> PfaEdit, so I went ahead and installed that. Reconfigured TeX and
>> still
>> didn't get a panel asking me if I wanted the GUI version of the Latin
>> Modern Fonts. Alas, they are nowhere to be found in
>> /Library/Fonts/Latin Modern/ nor in ~/Library/Fonts/, so I guess they
>> just didn't get installed....
>>
>>         Obviously I'm missing something way too obvious for me to find
>> out at
>> this hour of the night, so I'd appreciate anybody's help with this!
>> Thanks,....
>>

>>                 Juan
>
> [...]  but I did not get any
> panel asking me if I wanted to install the Latin Modern fonts for other
> (than TeX) applications.
>
> Then, I have found the above message by Juan Palacios (and the answers
> by Bruno Voisin and Gerben Wierda) in the archives of the list.[...]

> Thanks for your help.

> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] GUI Latin Modern Fonts? (#2)
> From: "Peter Dyballa" <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE>
> Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:38:51 +0200
>
> Am 30.08.2005 um 16:07 schrieb André Bellaïche:
>
>> So I (re)installed FontForge, Freetype,
>
> You first need to install the Freetype library. It's used by Fontforge.
> Depending on the way you installed Fontforge (as a binary package or
> from source) there is a chance that Fontforge might be missing some
> functionality -- so many things are configured in Makefile!
>
> And the biggest obstacle is that i-Installer is very sure to find
> Fontforge in /usr/local/bin (which is where the i-Package puts it). I
> used a long time Fontforge from Fink and i-Installer did not find
> Fontforge -- until I created a symlink.
>
> Greetings
>
>    Pete

On a Mac G4, with system 10.3. Now, after other tests, I have
uninstalled Pfaedit, Freetype and Tex, and put Fontforge to the trash.
Then I have reinstalled, in this order, Freetype2, FontForge and TeX
(options : full, 2004 stable) from Gerben's i-directory at TUG. Nothing
appear asking me if I want the GUI version of the Latin Modern fonts.

What should I do ?

André

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>