[OS X TeX] font install July 6

Charles Chapman Pugh pugh at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Jul 8 16:23:56 CEST 2005

Hello.

Well, I tried the file suggested by Peter Dyballa (it seems to be a
an extended version of the file by Bruno Voisin, which is intended to
create pl, vpl, fd, and map files from the font file), and also
placed the fontinst folder where he suggested, charlespugh/Library/
texmf/tex  but

1. when plain tex in TexShop was invoked on the new file (with
neither ghostscript and tex, pdftex, or personal script selected in
the typeset menu), I got only the message that the tool could not be
found.

2. When plain tex and tex with ghostscript was invoked in the typeset
menu, I got the following message in the console

### This is /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
altpdftex, Version $Revision: 2.18 $
### /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/tex Csc-drv1.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.3)
(./Csc-drv1.tex (./fontinst.sty
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/graphics/trig.sty)
No file fontinst.rc.
)
! Undefined control sequence.
l.2 \recordtransforms
                      {Csc.recs}
?
Process aborted
Terminated

3.  Processing the file of Bruno Voisin has the same results as
before with fontinst in its new location.  It generates a files mtx
and pl, but seems to be unable to get (or make?) etx files that are
part of the process of producing the fd and vpl files

4. I'm not clear about when the suggestion of going to the terminal
window and typing 'sudo rehash' should be done, and what it's
intended to accomplish.

Suggestions?

Best,  Charles Pugh

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>