[OS X TeX] font install July 6

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 17:13:37 CEST 2005

Le 8 juil. 05 à 16:23, Charles Chapman Pugh a écrit :

> 4. I'm not clear about when the suggestion of going to the terminal
> window and typing 'sudo rehash' should be done, and what it's
> intended to accomplish.

It's "sudo texhash", not "sudo rehash".

This instruction must be used after modifying the content of /usr/
local/teTeX. All TeX-related binaries search files:

(1) First inside ~/Library/texmf/ directly,

(2) Afterwards inside /usr/local/teTeX/share/, but not by searching
the directories directly: instead, for speeding up the process, a
database /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ls-R is used. "sudo
texhash" is the instruction for updating this database.

That's why, if you add something inside ~/Library/texmf it's taken
into account immediately, while if you add something inside /usr/
local/teTeX/ you have to run "sudo texhash" before the addition is
taken into account.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>