[OS X TeX] font install July 6

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jul 7 15:48:17 CEST 2005

Am 07.07.2005 um 15:24 schrieb Charles Chapman Pugh:

> It appears that certain etx files (namely 8r.etx)  can't be found.

Two possible mistakes: wrong place you installed in *and/or* sudo
texhash forgotten.

The right places to intall fontist are

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/fontinst
charlespugh/Library/texmf/tex/fontinst

An upgrade of your TeX i-Package to 2004 stable might bring the recent
fontinst version (or 2005 devel).

Plain TeX is the right thing, no Ghostscript needed. Please try to
invoke in Terminal 'sudo texhash' -- I'm sure this will cure the
problem of not finding the fontinst files. In approximately 40 min
(European time?) I'll be off-line for some hours ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they
start selling vacuum cleaners.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>