[OS X TeX] Fragile Commands [Was: how to convert .doc to .TEX?]

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Thu Jan 20 11:05:50 CET 2005

Le 20 janv. 05, à 03:11, Curtis Clifton a écrit :

> On Jan 19, 2005, at 7:30 PM, Will Robertson wrote:
>
>> I prefer fixing the problem, instead of hammering it out:
>>
>>    \usepackage{pdfsync}
>>    \makeatletter
>>      \def\emph{{\protect\@PDFSYNC}\PDFSYNC at emph}
>>    \makeatother
>> [snip]
>> Was it Curtis Clifton who patched a different part of pdfsync (\par
>> to \@@par or vice versa)? Maybe we should start a pdfsyncfix package
>> until Jérôme is able to do it himself...
>
> The patch involved modifying TeX's \everypar instead of LaTeX's \@@par.
>
> The pdfsync package is hosted on SourceForge.  Perhaps Jérôme would
> consent to giving one of us commit and release privileges there.

Maybe it is advisable to make pdfsync a separate sourceforge or
whatever project.
It is actually a subproject in iTeXmac, but this was a convenient
choice at that time and by no means pdfsync should by tied to iTeXMac.
Moreover, there is room for improvement (not just bug fixing) and new
interesting* features as suggested once by Piero d'Ancona.

* i should have added "amazing" to mimic Steve Jobs' "sex apple".

I have no real time now to do it myself. Any volunteer?
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>