[OS X TeX] Fragile Commands [Was: how to convert .doc to .TEX?]

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Thu Jan 20 03:11:11 CET 2005

On Jan 19, 2005, at 7:30 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> I prefer fixing the problem, instead of hammering it out:
>
>    \usepackage{pdfsync}
>    \makeatletter
>      \def\emph{{\protect\@PDFSYNC}\PDFSYNC at emph}
>    \makeatother
> [snip]
> Was it Curtis Clifton who patched a different part of pdfsync (\par to
> \@@par or vice versa)? Maybe we should start a pdfsyncfix package
> until Jérôme is able to do it himself...

The patch involved modifying TeX's \everypar instead of LaTeX's \@@par.

The pdfsync package is hosted on SourceForge.  Perhaps Jérôme would
consent to giving one of us commit and release privileges there.  I
participate in a couple of SourceForge projects, so my systems are
configured for access.  But I probably wouldn't be the right one to do
that, because I use BBEdit + TeXniscope as my LaTeX frontend and
viewer.  It would be important to thoroughly test that any changes
didn't break anything in iTeXMac and TeXShop.  Though I suppose beta
versions of the package could go to the list for testing before putting
new versions on SourceForge.

Cheers,

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>