[OS X TeX] Fragile Commands [Was: how to convert .doc to .TEX?]

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 20 14:25:12 CET 2005

Hello!

Having caused, probably, this discussion on \emph I actually recall, I
often used it in 90s, then I did not have to use TeX professionally. In
2001 TeX became important for me again, and I ran quite often in
circumstances that \emph{} did not work, tex wrote that. And I think
LaTeX syntax checkers too recommend not to use it. So I started to
think \emph{} is as dead as \em, \it, \rm, \sf and began to use
\textit{}, \textrm.

And trying it in a sans-sérifs environment right now it lets me see the
wrong f-ligatures instantly! But this can be caused from my fontinst
experiments (TrueType fonts in TeX) ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

In a world without walls and fences, who needs gates and windows?

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>