[OS X TeX] Mac Mini

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 4 03:51:24 CET 2005

Dear Folks:

I haven't seen the inside of a Mini in person
yet, but I've been reading about them a bit.
>From what I gather, a Mac Mini's performance is,
as mentioned on this list before, akin to
current G4 PowerBooks (though not the ones that
have just come out, perhaps).  Getting as much
RAM in these will certainly help a lot, too.
Putting a hard drive in these has been described
by some as
not for the faint-of-heart, but to me it looks
about the same as messing around inside a
PowerBook.   Best I can tell, if one goes slow
they'll be fine.

Here are some links I've found informative that
cover some of what folks here have been
commenting on.

Take-apart photos instructions (more below)

<http://www.yourmacstore.com/contents/macmini1/macmini1.html>

MacInTouch Mac Mini Review

<http://www.macintouch.com/macmini/review.html>

MacMini Reports

<http://www.macintouch.com/macmini07.html>
Note -- this will get you to page 7.  Go back to
the first if you want to start at the beginning

Mac Performance comparisons  Performance Comparison
eMac G4, iBook G4, iMac G5 and Mac Mini:

<http://www.macintouch.com/perfpack/comparison.html>

HTH,

René
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>