[OS X TeX] Map files suppressed in latest teTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Nov 18 15:30:41 CET 2004

Hello,

I finally just updated gwTeX to the latest version. Doing that, I
noticed two map files (at least) have been suppressed, originally
inside /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/misc:

	mathpi.map
	wolfram.map

The first corresponds to Adobe Mathematical Pi Two and Six fonts (I
don't have them), and the second to Wolfram Mathematica 4.1 fonts (I
have them, and use them occasionally). It's not really a problem to get
wolfram.map, it's available freely together with the other support
files (TFM, VF, STY and FD files) from MathSource:

	<http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/3200/>

but realizing it's no longer there in texmf.tetex was a surprise. Is
there a place where these changes in teTeX are documented, so that we
know what to expect when updating gwTeX?

On a side note, when installing the TeX i-Package a warning is
displayed telling XeTeX will need to be reinstalled afterwards. But
then, when the TeX install is done and you open the XeTeX i-Package to
reinstall it, the Pkg Properties tab say XeTeX is already installed,
probably because the associated receipt (for XeTeX) has not been
modified (during the TeX install). Would it be technically feasible to
modify this receipt, so that an inexperienced user would not get
confused?

On another side note, I still have difficulties figuring out what the
ConTeXt updater i-Package is for. I've looked through the Read-Me, but
feel none the wiser. Does it need to be installed following a TeX
install with TL2004 (which includes ConTeXt already), or is it
redundant and for compatibility purposes only?

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>