[OS X TeX] Map files suppressed in latest teTeX

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Nov 19 08:37:38 CET 2004

On 18 Nov 2004, at 15:30, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I finally just updated gwTeX to the latest version. Doing that, I
> noticed two map files (at least) have been suppressed, originally
> inside /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/misc:
>
> 	mathpi.map
> 	wolfram.map
>
> The first corresponds to Adobe Mathematical Pi Two and Six fonts (I
> don't have them), and the second to Wolfram Mathematica 4.1 fonts (I
> have them, and use them occasionally). It's not really a problem to
> get wolfram.map, it's available freely together with the other support
> files (TFM, VF, STY and FD files) from MathSource:
>
> 	<http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/3200/>
>
> but realizing it's no longer there in texmf.tetex was a surprise. Is
> there a place where these changes in teTeX are documented, so that we
> know what to expect when updating gwTeX?

I document two things:
a) Which versions/dates I use from TeX Live and teTeX.
b) What I do to the gwTeX part

For teTeX, you can inspect the ChangeLog for teTeX which is part of the
i-Package and can be inspected via the Pkg Contents tab,

> On a side note, when installing the TeX i-Package a warning is
> displayed telling XeTeX will need to be reinstalled afterwards. But
> then, when the TeX install is done and you open the XeTeX i-Package to
> reinstall it, the Pkg Properties tab say XeTeX is already installed,
> probably because the associated receipt (for XeTeX) has not been
> modified (during the TeX install). Would it be technically feasible to
> modify this receipt, so that an inexperienced user would not get
> confused?

I can do something about that.

> On another side note, I still have difficulties figuring out what the
> ConTeXt updater i-Package is for. I've looked through the Read-Me, but
> feel none the wiser. Does it need to be installed following a TeX
> install with TL2004 (which includes ConTeXt already), or is it
> redundant and for compatibility purposes only?

It contains a possible newer version of ConTeXt, drawn directly from
Hans Hagen's site. If Hans releases a beta-ConTeXt it also contains
that so you have the choice what to install.

Currently, teTeX's ConTeXt is from Oct 26 and the one in the context
updater is from Oct 28 so they are pretty close.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>