[OS X TeX] installing RevTeX

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 18 15:21:13 CET 2004

On 18 nov 2004, at 15:02, Daniel Hartmanstorfer wrote:

> I am trying to find out how to obtain and install revTeX.  I am using
> MacOS X 10.3.6, and I have the teTeX installation from fink.

There is not much love for fink on this list (the text distribution from
Fink isn't updated nearly as often as the i-Installer distribution), but
I'll try to be nice.

- It may already be installed (it is part of the current teTeX)
   Run kpsewhich revtex4.cls, and if it returns a path then that is where
   revtex 4 was installed. You may need to rename the argumanet of the
   \documentclass{} for some older files, but all should be golden from
   there on.

- Is the install needed just for you, or for all users on your machine?
   Run
     kpsewhich -show-path=tex -progname=pdflatex
   to find out where class and latex files are found. If all is right
there is a
   directory location in your home-directory in this long list of
directories,
   where you can just copy the class and support files of revtex. This
should
   be enough for a personal installation. Make sure you put the correct
files
   in the right application directories (iirc there is a bibtex style
file included
   in the revtex distribution, which needs to go in a slightly different
directory)

   System wide installation can be achieved in a similar way, but in one
of the
   system directories, and you'd have to run sudo mktexlsr afterwards.

- Of course you could remove the Fink teTeX, and install with
i-Installer...

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>