[OS X TeX] Microtype & phv

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 11 20:29:11 CET 2004

On 11/11/04 1:01 PM, "Aaron Jackson" <jackson at negril.msrce.howard.edu>
wrote:

> Right because there are type 1 versions installed in
> teTeX/sharetexmf.tetex/fonts/type1/bitstrea/charter, but no real
> helvetica type 1 fonts come with TeX.  I guess I should correct my
> statement: "As far as the following fonts are concerned they are not
> the real thing, they are URW versions
> (teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/urw):
>
> avantgar
> bookman
> courier
> helvetic
> ncntrsbk
> palatino
> symbol
> times
> zapfchan
> zapfding
>
> I really only use a few different fonts, so I made a statement that was
> too general.
>
> How do you include Helvetica in your document?  Can you try to use uhv
> instead phv?

Howdy,

Thank you very much. I'm beginning to get it in my head that some of this is
being done with virtual fonts that probably point to the uhv*.pfb files!
I've been including the Helvetica using the helvet package and that only
referes to phv* so I assumed that the pfb's were somewhere too.

Since there are special microtype configuration files for Times and Palatino
I may have to write one for Helvetica too.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>