[OS X TeX] [ANN] XeTeX now supports OpenType features on Mac OS X

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jun 1 22:50:07 CEST 2004

On 1 Jun 2004, at 9:43 pm, Tim Brophy wrote:

> I got the following message when I tried to use i-installer to upgrade.
>
> "The remote package is newer. Press Cancel to cancel the current
> action (updating is currently not possible: read-only package, locked
> package or network access turned off) or press Ignore to try to go
> ahead anyway (not recommended). Note that the current Ignore action
> only pertains to the availability of files for the selector phase. It
> is only after the selection has been made that i-Installer knows what
> is actually needed for an install.

It sounds like you have installed a previous version, so you have a
local copy of the i-Package; but your local copy is read-only (because
it has been locked, or because it's in a directory where you don't
currently have write permission, or something?).

I just checked that the Update action works for me, on my PowerBook at
home. So I think the package on the net is OK and the message relates
to something about your local machine.

HTH,

Jonathan