[OS X TeX] [ANN] XeTeX now supports OpenType features on Mac OS X

Tim Brophy timbrophy at mac.com
Tue Jun 1 22:43:49 CEST 2004

Hi All,

> Version 0.8 of XeTeX, released today, adds support for OpenType layout
> features (in addition to the AAT support that has always been present)
> to the Unicode-based extension of TeX for Mac OS X.
>
> The XeTeX page is at:
>
> 	http://scripts.sil.org/xetex
>
> or the software can also be installed through i-Installer (but the
> example files, which provide the only current documentation of many
> features, are separately downloadable from the XeTeX site).

I got the following message when I tried to use i-installer to upgrade.

"The remote package is newer. Press Cancel to cancel the current action
(updating is currently not possible: read-only package, locked package
or network access turned off) or press Ignore to try to go ahead anyway
(not recommended). Note that the current Ignore action only pertains to
the availability of files for the selector phase. It is only after the
selection has been made that i-Installer knows what is actually needed
for an install.

If after the selection of what to install it turns out that all
necessary files are available, installation will commence. If not, the
Install will be aborted."

What am I doing wrong?

Tim Brophy