[OS X TeX] BibDesk bug

Dr.John R.Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Tue Aug 10 02:43:29 CEST 2004

No, I tried that; it produces the following, which is still an error:

@article{VokRea1992,
	Author = {Vokey, J. R. and Read, J. D.},
	Journal = {Memory {\{\&}} Cognition},
	Pages = {291--302},
	Title = {Familiarity, memorability, and the effect of typicality on
the recognition of faces.},
	Volume = {20},
	Year = {1992}}

What does work, is to input the ampersand unescaped (i.e., Memory &
Cognition), which, of course is bad 'TeX:

@article{VokRea1992,
	Author = {Vokey, J. R. and Read, J. D.},
	Journal = {Memory {\&} Cognition},
	Pages = {291--302},
	Title = {Familiarity, memorability, and the effect of typicality on
the recognition of faces.},
	Volume = {20},
	Year = {1992}}

    I understand the ``cut and paste'' motivation, but at the expense of
existing .bib files and users who enter code correctly?  It's a bug,
certainly not a feature.  At a minimum BibDesk should test first
whether the ampersand is already escaped.

--
John R. Vokey, PhD
Professor

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>