[OS X TeX] "installing fonts" again - programmers listening? :)

Troy D Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 3 20:25:30 CEST 2002

At 1:55 PM +0200 7/3/02, mahakk wrote:
>my head hurts from reading through all those pages of howtos and faqs on
>font-installation (anybody read richard's description of "how to use
[SNIP]

I agree! Surely, software can do much of this job, or at least be
very helpful.  I accept that software can't figure out all the
issues, but where it can't do the job, it can at least give useful
warnings and it can notice that certain files are missing or that you
have a misconfiguration.

I doubt that anyone would write such a smart piece of software for
free, but I'd pay a reasonable price for it.

Troy.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.