[OS X TeX] using garamond?

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Fri Jul 5 22:45:15 CEST 2002

Le vendredi 5 juillet 2002, à 10:31 , William Adams a écrit :

> For my part, I've suggested in the past that a Mac OS X-specific pdfTeX
> extension should be done to support ATSUI fonts, and suspect that if
> such were done it'd be easy to adapt that to OpenType.

Not knowing what ATSUI meant I just had a look and found: "Apple Type
Services for Unicode Imaging (ATSUI) is a set of services for rendering
Unicode-encoded text"

Then, if ATSUI fonts are indeed Unicode-encoded fonts, support for them
in TeX means using Omega (omega.cse.unsw.edu.au:8080), I think. Though I
have long been planning to try Omega someday, the absence of a GUI for
it prevented me to do so; and also the feeling that Omega is dying a
peaceful death and won't be brought back to life.

I hope I'm wrong and Omega is still alive - cos' Unicode based-TeX is a
great idea - once Unicode gets stabilized. And there, I think, lies the
future of TeX.

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.