[Mac OS X TeX] what all the editors for X should have

Oliver Hardt hardt at u.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 21 16:03:34 CET 2002

unless i just haven't found the switch for it, neither BBedit,
iTexMac, Pepper, nor TeXShop can do the following, which is a feature
i deeply miss from Alpha for Classic:

if you have, for example, a \begin{enumerate} and then your \items,
it increases structure and readability for the source immensely
(IMO), when the \item and associated text are idented:

that means: instead of

      \item bla bla bla blabal lkh akjh akljh akjh aklha l k halahl ka
hlaha khahaa hahal haa halha ad as ad asd asd asd  asd asd asd ad ad
asd asd asd asd asd asda sasd

it should be

      \item bla bla bla blabal lkh akjh akljh akjh ak
      l k halahl ka hlaha khahaa hahal haa halha ad as
      asd asd asd asd asd asda sasd

this comes in handy when you have nested \items.

also, i would like it if this principle is omnipresent, so that the
indent in the line following a \begin{environment} is not only
present in the first line.

if that already works in one or all of these editors, i would really
be happy if someone could point it out to me and how to activate the
feat.  thanks!  olli.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.