[Mac OS X TeX] Alpha-ish on MacOS X

Vince Darley vince.darley at eurobios.com
Thu Feb 21 10:32:18 CET 2002

>Subject: Re: Trying to get something Alpha-ish in Mac OS X
>From: "Eric Hsu" <erichsu at math.sfsu.edu>
>
>Things I miss from Alpha:
>
>1. The ability to tab out of parentheses to the big-dots.
>2. More pre-built LaTeX templates... I forget options and names.
>3. (When it worked,) the nice reformatting and tabbing of code.
>
>Let me know if you find something even better!  (I'm not learning
>Emacs... sorry.)

You could try 'Alphatk' (http://www.santafe.edu/~vince/Alphatk.html), which
is a reimplementation of Alpha on top of Tcl/Tk.  I'm told it kind-of works
with the latest 'aqua-tk' release (it works fine on top of X-windows on
Unix which you could run on top of OS X, or on a Windoze box).

It shares all of the LaTeX mode functionality with Alpha.

caveat: I wrote it and use it daily, but mostly on Windoze.

Alternatively as Jon points out, wait for Alpha X, which will come...

Vince.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.