[Mac OS X TeX] Re: Installing LucidaBright family under Mac OS X?!

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Feb 22 03:01:46 CET 2002

>maccentral discussion boards last night, mention was made of the
>recent upgrade (10.1.3) not supporting any fonts made or modified
>with fontographer. Moreover a senior Apple spokesman said that this
>would *not* be fixed in a later release. Where does this leave those
>who want to use Lucida Bright or Minion in TeX?

>Adrian Heathcote

Hi Adrian

I am using LucidaBright fonts which I originally bought from YandY for
mac os 9 and then converted to unix form (pfb's ?). CMacTeX
has a  lwfn2pfb script.

I just tried these fonts  under 10.1.3 and
it all looks OK on preview in TeXShop.

I am not a font expert but if the original person wanted pfb's
and has pfa's couldn't they just use one of Tom Kiffe's tools?
His t1utils has a pfa2pfb option and the script in fact
uses that I think.

I found that there was a bit of messing about to
get the names of the fonts files right but it wasn't
too bad.  The abbrevations used by the mac os 9 lwfn fonts
didn't quite match the ones in pfb form.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt