[OS X TeX] outlining and TeX

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Tue Aug 6 15:20:38 CEST 2002

Hi -

I've been using Omni's Outliner program lately, and it's a great tool in
the conceptual stages of a project - where you are trying to organize
ideas, references, schedule, assignments, and so forth. (I' m using it
to plan out a new PhD course.) The ability to expand, collapse, organize
into tables -- and all this in WYSIWYG -- is extremely useful.

Is there a similar capability with some LaTeX packages, or some
TeX-oriented tools for OSX? I'm thinking of a LaTeX based coding scheme,
with hyperref or some such Acrobat-oriented package, where the PDF
version can be encoded to have the expand/collapse, hide/show features?

Does anyone know of something related, or a way to link up Outliner with
TeX, somehow. (Ultimately, I will need my data to go into a LaTeX file
so I can do the usual TeX things with it.)

Cheers,

- Hemant

"help" (no quotes) in the body.