[OS X TeX] outlining and TeX

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Tue Aug 6 16:05:07 CEST 2002

On August 6, Michael Murray writes:
> >Does anyone know of something related, or a way to link up Outliner
> >with TeX, somehow. (Ultimately, I will need my data to go into a
> >LaTeX file so I can do the usual TeX things with it.)
>
> I think I read somewhere that emacs has a facility to do this via
> something called auctex.

No, actually the macro package you need (very powerful!) in Emacs is
"outline-mode". It works 'alone' for plain text files, or as a 'minor'
mode for LaTeX files: it expands/collapses sections, items etc.  To
launch it, just 'meta outline-mode' or 'meta outline-minor-mode'; to
read the reference documentation 'meta describe-mode'. It is built in
in every recent emacs, including mac-emacs
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/mac-emacs/

cheers
-- e.

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at inf.unibz.it
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano    - http://www.inf.unibz.it/~franconi/
Faculty of Computer Science         - Phone: (+39) 0471-315-642
I-39100 Bozen-Bolzano BZ, Italy     - Fax:   (+39) 0471-315-649

"help" (no quotes) in the body.