[OS X TeX] outlining and TeX

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Aug 6 15:36:14 CEST 2002

>Hi -
>
>I've been using Omni's Outliner program lately, and it's a great
>tool in the conceptual stages of a project - where you are trying to
>organize ideas, references, schedule, assignments, and so forth. (I'
>m using it to plan out a new PhD course.) The ability to expand,
>collapse, organize into tables -- and all this in WYSIWYG -- is
>extremely useful.
>
>Is there a similar capability with some LaTeX packages, or some
>TeX-oriented tools for OSX? I'm thinking of a LaTeX based coding
>scheme, with hyperref or some such Acrobat-oriented package, where
>the PDF version can be encoded to have the expand/collapse,
>hide/show features?
>
>Does anyone know of something related, or a way to link up Outliner
>with TeX, somehow. (Ultimately, I will need my data to go into a
>LaTeX file so I can do the usual TeX things with it.)
>
>Cheers,
>
>- Hemant

I think I read somewhere that emacs has a facility to do this via
something called auctex.

I had a quick look at google and

http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/auctex/www/auctex/doc/

seems to say that auctex does outlining.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt