[OS X TeX] Omega

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Wed Aug 21 18:11:24 CEST 2002

Le mercredi 21 août 2002, à 05:57 , Malcolm Ross a écrit :

> I have been endeavouring to install Omega in order to use its Unicode
> facility. My success to date has been limited.
>
> Of the various front ends (TeXShop, iTeXMac) and TeX engines (OzTeX and
> CMacTeX) only CMacTeX appears to have ever taken any account of Omega,
> and this seems to have been removed from recent versions.
>
> If anyone has any experience of installing and using Omega
> successfully, I would be very happy to hear from you.

Same here. One question though is: is Omega still developed, or
supported? One of the themes for TUG 2002 at
http://www.tug.org.in/tug2002 is "Multilingual typesetting using Omega",
so I guess the answer is Yes. However the activity on Omega's web site
at http://omega.cse.unsw.edu.au:8080/ is close to 0.

Is there somebody on this list enlightened about this question?

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.