[OS X TeX] outlining and TeX

Stephen Addison saddison at mail.uca.edu
Tue Aug 6 17:01:29 CEST 2002

Folks:

Don't waste time looking at auctex as an outliner.  While it may have
that capability (I used it for a while when I used a PC and don't
remember it) auctex's main role is that it is a package to add on to
emacs to make it a good TeX/LaTeX editor and so that you can run the
appropriate tools.  It's also not an easy program to learn.

Steve Addison

On Tuesday, August 6, 2002, at 08:36 AM, Michael Murray wrote:

> I think I read somewhere that emacs has a facility to do this via
> something called auctex.
>
> I had a quick look at google and
>
> http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/auctex/www/auctex/doc/
>
> seems to say that auctex does outlining.
>
> Michael
> -- _________________________________________________________
> Assoc/Prof Michael
> Murray                                                   School of Pure
> Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
> 3696                                      University of
> Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174       Australia  5005
> Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au             Home Page:
> http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
> PGP public key:
> http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt
> University of Adelaide CRICOS # 00123M
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.

Stephen R. Addison
Associate Dean College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Chair, Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Central Arkansas
Conway, AR 72035

Tel: 501 450 5900

"help" (no quotes) in the body.