[Mac OS X TeX] BibTeX can't find .bst & .bib files

Fredrik Wallenberg fwallenberg at mac.com
Tue Sep 25 20:59:58 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>
On Monday, September 24, 2001, at 08:21 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> I have been running TeXShop for some time and needed to use BibTeX for
> the first time today. I have created the following directory structure
> for making .bib and .bst files available to TeXShop/BibTeX:
>
> ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib/
>
> and
>
> ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst/
>
> and BibTeX can't see files I put in these locations. A colleague has
> his machine set up identically and BibTeX see .bib and .bst files put
> in those locations. What am I missing here? I have run texhash hoping
> that doing so would help, but it hasn't made a bit of difference.

I'm not sure about the bib file, but the bst file should go into

~/Library/texmf/bibtext/bst/misc/

I'm not sure if the same is true for the bib file (I've been stupid
enough to duplicate my bib file for each document so I'll be more than
interested to find out the the answer to this one.

Fredrik

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.