[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop and RevTeX4

James Owen jhgowen at mac.com
Mon Sep 24 11:01:38 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>I am struggling with RevTex 4 off the aps website. One issue is that
they want you to use a separate bibliography with the tex file, but when
you open a file with another extension than .tex, i.e. .bib, then all
the processing buttons are greyed out, including the one for bibtex,
which if I am reading the instructions correctly, you need to process
the .bib file, to attach the bibliography to the output file.
Am I confused about the purpose of the bibtex button, or does this need
to be fixed?
Or alternatively, can there be a space for entering commands manually,
rather than via menu?

I am also having trouble with texshop not finding all the revtex files
when I have stored them in the texmf tree where the instructions said I
should (texmf/latex/revtex4/*.sty for example). How do I do all the
'texhash' type commands to enable texshop or tetex to see all of the
tree?

Thanks for any help,

James

"help" (no quotes) in the body.