[Mac OS X TeX] Phantom Prosperity

Joshua S. Hodas hodas at cs.hmc.edu
Tue Jun 26 05:18:28 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>>I would like to use the PROSPER class for making very nice looking
>powerpoint-like presentations not only without the help or nice mr.
>Gates but also including math.
>Has anyone been able to run it under OS X (in my case: preferably
>TeXShop+teTeX). By the way, it's never ran properly under OS 9
>(Alpha+Oztex) either, on my Mac.  'Must be a bounding box thing',
>ok, but how to solve it?

I have successfully used Prosper to prepare a talk last week using CMacTex.
This is, as far as I know, the only option, as it requires pstricks which
does not work with  TeXShop (or any pdflatex based system).

Note that what I did was use the CMacTeX installation that builds off
the texmf installation
>from TeXshop. This has all the stuff you need other than prosper itself.

In contrast, when I tried a straight CMacTeX installation under 9.1
with its own
texmf there were a variety of packages missing.

I do wish there were a way to make this work under TeXshop, as it is
a much friendlier
setup, but I guess the architectural problems are too deep.  It would
be  nice if
CMacTex could provide a single command to tex-dvips-ps2pdf-display.

Note also that I had to reboot in 9.1 to actually give my show.
Acrobat 5.0 (the carbon
version) flashes white between slide changes when in full-screen
mode. (Version 4.0
just displayed only white in full-screen mode, so this is an improvement.)

Also, I am a bit confused in that there seem to be font problems
(partially blank pages)
viewing the created pdfs in apples previewer. This is odd because the
sample pdfs that
come with prosper all display fine.

Josh

Josh Hodas / Associate Professor        Office Phone: (909) 621-8650
Director, Computer Science Clinic       Clinic Sec'y: (909) 607-8379
Computer Science / Harvey Mudd College  Home Phone:   (909) 625-1179
1250 North Dartmouth Avenue             E-Mail:       hodas at cs.hmc.edu
Claremont, CA 91711                     WWW :  http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~hodas/

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.