[Mac OS X TeX] mathtime

Ingo Reich ingo.reich at uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Dec 1 11:25:39 CET 2001

Hi,

can anyone help me with the use of  mathtime fonts in TeXShop (1.13) +
teTeX (under OS X.1.1)? I tried to install the mathtime fonts in the
same manner as I did (succesfully) install the Lucida Bright fonts,
i.e., I created the pfb-fonts "mtsy.pfb", "mtex.pfb" and "rmtmi.pfb"
>from the type1-fonts using the t1utils included in CMacTeX and put them
into the texmf-folder in my personal library-folder (path:
ireich/library/texmf/fonts/type1/yandy/MathTime). However, when
pdftex-ing, only parts of the fonts appear as should be, namely the
Times text font greek letters etc., but not mathematical symbols like
\forall, \langle, \in etc. Maybe the follwing warning message --
concerning "wolfram.map" -- is a hint to the solution:

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/mathtime/my1mtt.fd)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/mathtime/my2mtt.fd)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/mathtime/my3mtt.fd)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/ts1cmr.fd)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/ot1ptm.fd)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/ts1ptm.fd) [1
Non-PDF special
ignored!{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map}{
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.os/dvips/config/Ttbbold.map}
Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file wolfr
am.map): cannot open font map file
] (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/ot1pcr.fd) [2] [3]
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/ot1phv.fd) [4] [5]

Unfortunately, I know almost nothing about fonts and, thus, this message
isn't very helpful  to ME.

To my surprise the situation is even worse when I use the
TeX+Ghostscript Route; this time not even the Times text font appears
correctly on the screen.

I suppose that I simply didn't correctly install the fonts and thus
teTeX is simply not able to make any use of them, but I've got no idea
how to deal with that problem.

Thanks for your help,

Ingo

"help" (no quotes) in the body.