[Mac OS X TeX] footnote style question

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Mon Aug 27 11:24:28 CEST 2001

Cyril,

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Cyril Niklaus wrote:

> This has nothing to do with OS X per se (besides the fact I'm running
> TeX on it), but I could not fin information on that, so I though

The usenet group comp.text.tex is very high-quality.

There's a FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq .

> probably someone here can point me in the right direction.
> Here's my problem:  I want to format my footnotes in a specific way, not
> really liking the default number is an exponent, no space between the
> number and the footnote itself.

The FAQ doesn't answer your question exactly, but it does include a
few entries on footnotes, one of which[1] points towards a package
footmisc, which promises various customisations of footnotes, one of
which might be the one you want.

Searching CTAN[2] for `footnote' might throw up something.

Or you could try hacking away by redefining \@footnotetext from the
LaTeX source....

All the best,

Norman