[Mac OS X TeX] footnote style question

Cyril Niklaus cyril.niklaus at bigfoot.com
Sat Aug 25 12:18:26 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi all,
This has nothing to do with OS X per se (besides the fact I'm running
TeX on it), but I could not fin information on that, so I though
probably someone here can point me in the right direction.
Here's my problem:  I want to format my footnotes in a specific way, not
really liking the default number is an exponent, no space between the
number and the footnote itself.
I'd like the footnote number to be on the same level as its text, and
the footnote itself to be left aligned a few milimeters from the number
itself, and that on all lines, not just the first one.
ex:
1.	footnote footnote footnote footnote footnote footnote footnote
footnote footnote footnote 	footnote footnote footnote
How can I do that?
Thanks
Cyril

"help" (no quotes) in the body.