[lucida] Installing OT and T1 fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Wed Apr 27 16:23:23 CEST 2022

Hi,

Nice to see a fellow Mac user here!

> On 27 Apr 2022, at 06:41, Raúl Martínez <rm.tech at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I thought I followed the instructions carefully and installation appeared to proceed without hiccups on my MacBook Pro. The FontBook shows the  OT fonts, both text and math, but not the T1 fonts.

Regarding Font Book, it's normal that it does not show the T1 fonts. macOS cannot use Type 1 fonts in .pfa or .pfb format; for these, it required conversion to screen font suitcases accompanied by LWFN printer files -- both formats now deprecated. This is not a problem, as TeX doesn't go through the OS to use Type 1 fonts.

> The test documents cannot find either OT or T1. So I did something wrong. I installed the fonts in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local.

Did you run

sudo mktexlsr
sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

after installing?