[lucida] More on not finding Lucida OT fonts

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 16:07:03 CEST 2022

All,

Yesterday, I posted a request for advice on installing Lucida OT and Lucida T1 fonts. The symptom was that neither the lucida-amsmath.tex nor the lucida-type1.tex files would typeset because they could not find the font files.

I have new information that may help identify and fix the font installation problem.

I successfully typeset lucidaot-sys-example.tex document. So the lucida OT fonts are installed and available via system font lookups.

But typesetting the lucidaot.tex document failed because the typesetting engine (XeLaTeX) cannot find the Lucida fonts via filenames in the Tex trees.

Are Lucida OT fonts via system font lookups and via filenames in the TeX trees mutually exclusive? Can the installation support both?

My previous message about the Lucida T1 fonts still applies: their installation is faulty. What should I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

J Martinez