[lucida] issues with Lucida fonts

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Dec 18 22:55:03 CET 2021

    as I said I think the package should either explicitly set T1 or check
    for the state and if \f at encoding is OT1 warn or error (as far as the
    text fonts are concerned)

I agree in principle, but in practice as long as there is a way to
achieve good output (with [T1]{fontenc}), such improvements are low
priority for me.  I gather T1 didn't solve everything; I'll look at
the rest, and the doc, as soon as I have a chance.

Of course it'd be fantastic if a new volunteer came forward to work on
lucidabr, making the updates you suggest and more. But this has not
happened yet :(. --karl