[lucida] need to manually specify bold/italic fonts with current fontspec

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Jan 22 10:21:16 CET 2019

> On 22 Jan 2019, at 10:06, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Also, note that
>
> 	\setmainfont{Lucida Bright OT}
>
> works in LuaLaTeX but not XeLaTeX (in the very quick tests I did).

A correction to this statement:

- If the Lucida fonts are not known to macOS (ie they are only installed in the texmf trees), then when using

	\setmainfont{Lucida Bright OT}

LuaLaTeX finds the file in the texmf trees but XeLaTeX doesn't and complain.

- If the Lucida fonts are known to macOS (I do this by creating a font library in Font Book and adding the content of texmf-local/fonts/opentype/bh/lucidaot there, but you can also just copy the fonts to (~)/Library/Fonts), then LuaLaTeX keep using the fonts in the texmf trees and XeLaTeX uses those installed at the OS level.

As I'm about to send this, I see that Herbert answered my earlier post with the same remark.

Bruno