[lucida] lucida-amsmath.tex for Lucida OpenType fonts?

John H Lienhard lienhard at mit.edu
Sun Aug 6 21:07:08 CEST 2017

Thank you, Bruno.

The code you sent, and also the file from Herbert Voss, both work very conveniently for immediate use under XeTeX using some other math code.

However I also get the error you mention using these approaches on lucida-amsmath.tex under XeLaTeX:

        ! Internal error: bad native font flag in `map_char_to_glyph’

The error goes away when I remove "\wh” from the following line of the file:

        \wh{\mathbf{K}}(i|i),\qquad i=1,\dots,n.

( \wh is shorthand for \widehat in the lucida-amsmath code: \newcommand{\wh}{\widehat}.)

This is under the most recent release of the OT fonts and of Texlive. Of course, I have no idea why this error occurs!

But you have resolved fully my more immediate question.

        Thanks again,
        John

PS: I’m attaching the modified file; the problematic line is 173. Everything else works works fine.