[lucida] lucida-amsmath.tex for Lucida OpenType fonts?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sun Aug 6 23:57:26 CEST 2017

> On 6 Aug 2017, at 21:07, John H Lienhard <lienhard at mit.edu> wrote:
>
> The code you sent, and also the file from Herbert Voss, both work very conveniently for immediate use under XeTeX using some other math code.
>
> However I also get the error you mention using these approaches on lucida-amsmath.tex under XeLaTeX:
>
>         ! Internal error: bad native font flag in `map_char_to_glyph’
>
> The error goes away when I remove "\wh” from the following line of the file:
>
>         \wh{\mathbf{K}}(i|i),\qquad i=1,\dots,n.
>
> ( \wh is shorthand for \widehat in the lucida-amsmath code: \newcommand{\wh}{\widehat}.)
>
> This is under the most recent release of the OT fonts and of Texlive. Of course, I have no idea why this error occurs!

The error isn't specific to Lucida, and occurs whenever a math accent is applied to an old-style math alphabet command like \mathbf (and XeLaTeX is used). With new-style commands like \symbf (or LuaLateX), there's no problem.

I've just filed an issue at <https://github.com/wspr/unicode-math/issues/400>.

Bruno