[lucida] lucida-amsmath.tex for Lucida OpenType fonts?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sun Aug 6 19:33:16 CEST 2017

> Le 6 août 2017 à 19:13, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at me.com> a écrit :
>
> Here's a version of lucida-amsmath.tex modified for Lucida OT. The code is slightly different from the one in lucidaot.tex, I've pasted it from one of my files (being in a rush), it's safer to stick to the code from lucidaot.tex.

Well, I should probably wait until the end of the weekend before posting anything. The above probably doesn't make much sense, sorry.

What I meant was, you just need to replace

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lucidabr}

by

\usepackage{fontspec}      % support opentype text fonts
\usepackage{unicode-math}  % support opentype math fonts

\defaultfontfeatures{Scale=.95}

\setmainfont[% main rm
  Ligatures=TeX,
      ItalicFont=LucidaBrightOT-Italic.otf,
        BoldFont=LucidaBrightOT-Demi.otf,
  BoldItalicFont=LucidaBrightOT-DemiItalic.otf,
  ]{LucidaBrightOT.otf}

\setsansfont[% main sans
  Ligatures=TeX,
      ItalicFont=LucidaSansOT-Italic.otf,
        BoldFont=LucidaSansOT-Demi.otf,
  BoldItalicFont=LucidaSansOT-DemiItalic.otf,
  ]{LucidaSansOT.otf}

\setmonofont[% main typewriter
      ItalicFont=LucidaSansTypewriterOT-Oblique.otf,
        BoldFont=LucidaSansTypewriterOT-Bold.otf,
  BoldItalicFont=LucidaSansTypewriterOT-BoldOblique.otf,
  ]{LucidaSansTypewriterOT.otf}

\setmathfont{LucidaBrightMathOT.otf}
\setmathfont[version=bold]{LucidaBrightMathOT-Demi}

If you want calligraphic letters to look like they used to in Type 1, not flourish and curly as they now are, you need to add the RawFeature=+ss04 option to both \setmathfont calls.

> Very recently, Herbert Voss has posted on CTAN a package aimed at making the use of Lucida OT more user-friendly, similar to lucidabr :
>
> 	https://ctan.org/pkg/lucida-otf
>
> Its release was announced a month ago by Karl Berry on the lucida-dev list (private), but I don't know whether there's been a public announcement.

It was here not on lucida-dev, hence public obviously. Should check things twice before posting!

Bruno