[lucida] Lucida installation problem

David Saunders david at symplectic.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 12:45:34 CEST 2017

Success. I can now use TeXworks with Lucida.

The method was to use the Synaptic Package Manager to install the
"meta-package" called texlive-full. (There is another meta-package just
called texlive, which advertises itself as "This metapackage provides a
decent selection of the TeX Live packages which should suffice for the
most common tasks" but that isn't enough.) I then had to check that Edit
 > Preferences >Typesetting in TeXworks did *not* include a custom path
such as .../x86_64-linux.

So now I guess I'm using the Debian version of Tex Live
(/usr/share/texlive) and ignoring the 2017 DVD version
(/usr/local/texlive). I might remove the 2017 version in due course,
though there's no hurry: it's a new laptop with plenty of disk space.

I believe that the setup on my old laptop is the same, except that the
2017 DVD was never installed there. (But the wireless card doesn't work
on that machine ...)

Thanks to everyone for advice.

David