[lucida] Lucida installation problem

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 20:16:14 CEST 2017

On 08/03/2017 12:31 PM, David Saunders wrote:

> On 03/08/17 17:11, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> How did you install TeXLive 2017?
> $ sudo perl install-tl
>
> I didn't specify any directories at all, at any stage of the TeX Live
> installation process.

I'm thinking maybe you then asked the installer to install symlinks in
the system directories; otherwise, you would had had to set the $PATH
manually to /usr/local/texlive/2017/bin/x86_64-linux somewhere, like
your ~.bashrc or your ~.profile or, system wide, /etc/environment; if
the latter, you would have to preppended to the PATH there:

PATH="/usr/local/texlive/2017/bin/x86_64-linux:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games"

As you haven't mentioned setting the $PATH somewhere, I guess you opted
for the symlinks then.

[...]

> $ kpsewhich --var-value TEXMFLOCAL
> /usr/local/share/texmf
>
> So that's where I've put the Lucida files. Certainly the instructions
> suggest that "The default on Unix is /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local",
> but that's not what my installation has created. If I put the Lucida
> files in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local, presumably I'd need to change
> TEXMFLOCAL?

Don't do it. Wait for Norbert's reply.

If my above guess is correct, you should anyway have
/usr/local/texlive/2017/, but the symlinks are taking precedence. If you
don't have /usr/local/texlive/2017, then I have no clue!

>> But where did you put lucida.map?
>>

> $ kpsewhich lucida.map
> /usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lucida.map

So kpsea is finding the map. Wait for Norbert's reply, but provide him
as much information as you can.

Best

Axel