[lucida] lucida.pfb & lucida.pfm files which I bought originally from the now defunct Y&Y

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Wed Mar 4 00:51:34 CET 2015

Le 3 mars 2015 à 23:03, Dirk Bollaerts <dirk.bollaerts at pandora.be> a écrit :

> I have upgraded my MikTeX 2.9 and since then nothing about lucida works
> anymore.  I try and try, but everything goes wrong.
>
> [...]
>
> Now lbr.pfb is surely cached, but pdftex keeps complaining about lbr.pfb
> is not found, though it is in my typei fonts directory and
> is also cached in appdata.

Could you post an error message, something that gives an indication on exactly what is going wrong? Without this, it's impossible to help.

Also, if I understand correctly, you had a working setup with MikTeX and your old Lucida fonts; then you upgraded to a more recent MikTeX and suddenly the Lucida fonts are no longer found. Is this what you mean, or did I understand wrong?

Other than that, my most likely recommendation would be to:

- Add back in MikTeX the old lucidabr-o.map and lumath-o.map (attached) from teTeX so that MikTeX knows which PFB font files to associate with the old-style metrics names lbr.tfm etc., in case your .tex files use these names. (Given you got the fonts from Y&Y I imagine this is likely.)

- Create symlinks in case these metrics files are missing, to those like hlhr8y.tfm which are part of the current Lucida Type 1 distro. I cannot speak for MikTeX or Windows for that matter, but on the Mac here are the symlinks I created (in teTeX this was all done through an aliases file):

hlcbot8y.tfm lbtbo.tfm
hlcbt8y.tfm lbtb.tfm
hlcda.tfm lbmad.tfm
hlcdim.tfm lbmdi.tfm