[lucida] lucida.pfb & lucida.pfm files which I bought originally from the now defunct Y&Y

Dirk Bollaerts dirk.bollaerts at pandora.be
Tue Mar 3 23:03:54 CET 2015

Dear Sir,

I am the owner of a set of lucida.pfb & lucida.pfm files which I bought
originally from the now defunct Y&Y.

I have upgraded my MikTeX 2.9 and since then nothing about lucida works
anymore.  I try and try, but everything goes wrong.

To be short, I ended in the situation where updmap is surely brought up
to date, I initexmf'd and renewed the TDS database.

Now lbr.pfb is surely cached, but pdftex keeps complaining about lbr.pfb
is not found, though it is in my typei fonts directory and
is also cached in appdata.

I worked now 48 hours on end and do not have a clue what to do.  Do you
have some kind of advice that goes further then the
readme of the lucida package which I followed to the letter, I guess?

Thx for your time,

Dirk