[lucida] upgrading + installation

ivo welch ivo.welch at anderson.ucla.edu
Thu Feb 14 00:03:45 CET 2013

Dear Lucida group readers:

as terrible as it makes me look, I thought I would share the problem that I
had run into.  without the \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} before
\usepackage{lucidabr}, a latex document compiles nicely, but then the CMR
fonts are used instead of lucida fonts.  I believe this fontenc was not
always needed (well, I used an old lucidbry.sty file in the past).   I also
wonder why the correct fontenc is not automatically loaded by lucidabr.sty
. would one ever want to use lucidabr without fontenc?  if not, it may as
well be inserted via usepackage in there, too, if it has not yet been
invoked.

obviously, as I knew all along, this was my mistake somewhere.  just in
case someone else wonders about the same issue...

/iaw