[lucida] TeXShop installation of Lucida fonts

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Feb 20 06:28:17 CET 2011

On  17 Feb, 2011, at 10:12, Lori Hughes wrote:

> I am following TUG's instructions for installation. I use MacOSX. I get to step 4, and enter sudo mktexlsr in Terminal at the $ prompt, and I get
> mktexlsr: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2010/../texmf-local/ls-R...
> [...]
>
> So all seems well. Then I enter sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map and I get
>
> updmap: This is updmap, version $Id: updmap 17423 2010-03-11 17:53:34Z karl $
> updmap: using transcript file `/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log'
> updmap: initial config file is `/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg'
> updmap: configuration (updmap.cfg) unchanged. Map files will not be recreated.

I also use Lucida under Mac OS X, with TeXLive installed with MacTeX. Let's check some of the points Karl mentions in his reply.

First, where did you install the Lucida package: /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local or ~/Library/texmf?

Where is lucida.map?

What do you get with the command

kpsewhich lucida.map

at your Terminal?

As Karl said, if you installed TeXLive with MacTeX, you should have a ``TeX Distribution'' pane in System Preferences; if so, which, if any, TeX distribution is selected when you open said pane?

Best

Axel