[lucida] TeXShop installation of Lucida fonts

Lori Hughes hughesla at comcast.net
Sun Feb 20 19:55:15 CET 2011

On Feb 19, 2011, at 11:28 PM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> I also use Lucida under Mac OS X, with TeXLive installed with
> MacTeX. Let's check some of the points Karl mentions in his reply.
>
> First, where did you install the Lucida package: /usr/local/texlive/
> texmf-local or ~/Library/texmf?

both places. Maybe overkill, but I thought perhaps TeXShop was
searching the other place, so I did both in hopes TexShop would find
it somewhere.

> Where is lucida.map?

/Users/lorihughes/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/
lucida/lucida.map
/Users/lorihughes/Library//texlive/2010/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/
lucida/lucida.map
/Users/lorihughes/Library//texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lucida/lucida.map
AND in the folder with the actual project that I am attempting to work
on.

> What do you get with the command
>
> kpsewhich lucida.map
>
> at your Terminal?

/Users/lorihughes/Library/texlive/2010/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/
lucida/lucida.map

> As Karl said, if you installed TeXLive with MacTeX, you should have
> a ``TeX Distribution'' pane in System Preferences; if so, which, if
> any, TeX distribution is selected when you open said pane?

TexLive-2010 is checked.

Thanks for your help.

Lori