[lucida] Lucida Fonts in MikTeX2.8

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Oct 15 08:14:28 CEST 2009

On  12 Oct, 2009, at 12:20, P. P. Narayanaswami wrote:

> I installed MikTeX2.8 in Windows Vista and wanted to use Lucida
> Fonts.  Hence,
> I created a folder in C: (outside MinTeX2.8), called
> \C;\Usres\local_folder, and then a sub folder "lucida", and placed
> all .pfb
> files of Lucida in it, added the directory to the Roots, and
> refreshed the
> database.  When I pdfLatex a file using \usepackage{lucidabr},
> I only get the output in Compter Modern Fonts.
> Also, if I load individual fonts with
> \font\lbh lbh at 12.345pt
> \font\lbkr lbkr at 12.345pt etc,
> I get error messages
> Can't find l.cfg
> Can't find lb.cfg,  and so on.
> Hence, I guess the TFM files for all the Lucida fonts anot found by
> the
> program.\I ws unde the impression that the TFM files already
> available in the
> MikTeX tree, as well as texmf tree in TeXLive.  I did not have to
> add any TFM
> files in my previous versions of MikTeX.
>
> What is missing here, and how do I obtain all TFM files and where
> shoudld I
> place them?

I might be wrong, but I don't think *.tfm files are distributed any
more with MiKTeX ---they aren't with TeXLive at least. I think the
rationale is that, being a commercial font family, when you buy it you
get all necessary files.

I think you bought the fonts from Y&Y, right? Then from what I see you
can get the support files from here:

http://www.tug.org/store/lucida/index.html

As I bought my Lucida fonts from TUG a few years back, I got all the
files from them.

Best,

Axel